Am I am entitled to a refund?

If a change in your circumstances results in you having overpaid, we'll issue you a revised bill. We'll also issue a refund letter confirming you're in credit and entitled to apply for a refund.

If you've registered for MyRBKC and linked your Council Tax account, you'll be able to view your account balance and the payments you've made. If your account is in credit, you'll be signposted to apply for a refund via our online form. If your account is not in credit, you won't see the signpost to apply for a refund.

You can apply for a refund using our online form. You'll also be able to view personalised information, including payment details and your latest Council Tax bill.

Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.

To apply for a refund online you'll need:

You can also make your application in writing or use the Contact us form quoting your Council Tax reference number.

After you've applied

In normal circumstances please allow up to 10 days for your refund to be paid into your bank account.

Last updated: 17 May 2022