- Your Council Tax and Business Rates for 2021-22 and our performance and spending plans
- Council Tax for 2021-22
- Garden square levies for 2021-22
- Who pays the Council Tax?
- Council Tax discounts, exemptions, disabled relief scheme and care leavers
- Paying your Council Tax and contact details
- The Council Tax banding system and appeals
- Council Tax Reduction
- Business Rates for 2021-22
- RBKC’s Budget and Council Tax Requirement for 2021/22
- The Council’s Services – A Snapshot
- Greater London Authority
- Crossrail Business Rate Supplement (BRS)
- Western Riverside Waste Authority
- London Pensions Fund Authority
- Environment Agency
- Contacting the Council
Western Riverside Waste Authority is the statutory waste disposal authority for the London Boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Lambeth and Wandsworth and for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The Authority’s waste management policies are led by the waste hierarchy principles of waste reduction, reuse and recycling.
A balance of residual waste is transported from the Authority’s two transfer stations via the River Thames to an Energy from Waste Facility on the Thames at Belvedere. The Authority has therefore already achieved the Mayor of London’s 2025 target of zero municipal waste direct to landfill.
The Authority and its constituent councils agreed on a basis of cost apportionment from 2009/10. Under the agreement, which has been extended to run for a further eight years from 2017/18, the Authority recovers the costs of waste delivered by its constituent councils at a rate per tonne according to the nature of the waste recycled or disposed of.
There is a residual annual levy, apportioned on the basis of council tax-base, for overheads and civic amenity waste.
Total net costs to constituent councils have increased by 2.1% compared to the original budget for 2020/21.
The estimated costs to constituent councils for 2021/22 compared to the original budgeted cost in 2020/21 are shown in the table below.
|Hammersmith & Fulham||9,430||839||10,269||9,981||288||2.89%|
|Kensington and Chelsea||8,005||1,006||9,010||10,701||-1691||-15.80%|
Visit the Western Riverside Waste Authority website for more information.