- Your Council Tax and Business Rates for 2020-21 and our performance and spending plans
- Council Tax for 2020-21
- Garden square levies for 2020-21
- Who pays the Council Tax?
- Council Tax discounts, exemptions, disabled relief scheme and care leavers
- Paying your Council Tax and contact details
- The Council Tax banding system and appeals
- Council Tax Reduction
- Business Rates for 2020-21
- What we spend
- The Council’s Services – A Snapshot
- Greater London Authority
- Crossrail Business Rate Supplement (BRS)
- Western Riverside Waste Authority
- London Pensions Fund Authority
- Environment Agency
- Contacting the Council
The Council will spend £486 million in 2020/21 on a wide range of local Services, such as social care, the environment and leisure facilities, highways and transport services, education and skills development. This excludes Housing Benefit payments where the costs are fully funded from Government. The budget includes £145m on education and children’s services, £103m on environment and communities, £68m on adult social care, and £12m for the ongoing costs to support the Grenfell Recovery.
The budget also includes £4.9m borrowing costs towards funding the Council’s capital programme of £161m in 2020/21. This is part of a programme totalling £517m from 2019/20 to 2022/23. New capital investment is typically focused around the following:
- Adult Social Care day care facilities
- Early Years and the borough’s Children’s Centres
- Transport and improvements to transport and the street scene
- Routine maintenance and repairs to the Council’s property estate.
The charts and table below show the full breakdown of the budget.
The Council Tax requirement after taking into account all income and Government funding is £89.9 million.
The Council also collects over £32 million on behalf of the Greater London Authority to pay for London wide services, such as the Metropolitan Police.
|External funding reductions||318|
|Growth and Service Pressures||10,977|
|Reduction in Financing Charges||-1,222|
|Other adjustments in total*||4,378|
|Other adjustments in total**||2.5|
|Total change funded by increase in Council Tax income||3,442|
*Mainly pay and price inflation.
Performance and spending