Community Alarm Service
We offer a range of support services to local residents including:
- The Community Alarm Service (CAS), which provides 24/7, all year round support and security for elderly, vulnerable and isolated residents.
- Enhanced housing management support for residents living in our Sheltered Housing schemes.
The Community Alarm Service (CAS)
The Community Alarm Service (CAS) provides an emergency response service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to anyone who feels vulnerable or at risk.
Many people rely on our service to live independently, safe in the knowledge that they can get help when they need it. CAS provides peace of mind for you, your family and friends.
How does it work?
- An alarm is installed in your home, together with a pendant button.
- In an emergency, you press the button on your pendant and this will alert the control centre.
- A member of staff will talk to you and arrange the appropriate help.
What will I need to get an alarm installed?
A telephone line and a modern 13 amp mains electricity socket. They should be on the same wall within nine feet (2.7 metres) of each other.
How much does it cost?
Visiting service — this means that we will monitor your calls and visit you if you need assistance.
- £30.40 Monthly (plus VAT)
- £364.80 Yearly (plus VAT)
Monitoring service — this means that we will monitor your calls and if you need assistance family and friends will visit you.
- £18.46 Monthly (plus VAT )
- £221.52 Yearly (plus VAT)
Replacement pendants £45
How do I join?
Contact the Community Alarm Service team
Phone: 020 7605 6509
At the time of contact, we will ask you for:
- your name
- date of birth
- telephone number
- the reason you need the alarm
We will make an appointment to visit you. When we visit, we will show you how the alarm works and answer any questions you may have.
If you need an interpreter or sign language interpreter, we can arrange this for you.
CAS is compliant with the TSA Quality Standards Framework for which we are audited annually.