Yellow line dispensations
Single yellow line dispensations
We will issue a single yellow line dispensation for a vehicle to load or unload in locations:
- where there are no suitable parking bays
- when the vehicle needs to be very close to the premises
- glaziers' vehicles
- mobile workshops
- gas bottle deliveries
When you have finished loading or unloading, you must move your vehicle and park it elsewhere.
You can load or unload on a single yellow line for up to 40 minutes without a single yellow line dispensation but you must be loading or unloading continuously.
We do not grant any dispensations for:
- people carriers
- four-wheel-drive vehicles
Exemptions for constant use
You do not need a dispensation for some vehicles as long as they are in constant use. These are:
- removal vans
- scaffolding lorries
- mobile asphalt mixers
Double yellow lines dispensations
Dispensations for double yellow lines or restricted zones can be given in certain exceptional circumstances.
Fees will apply for each chargeable day, per space required
The fees charged for a yellow line dispensation for applications submitted from 1 April 2021 are outlined in the tabled below.
Fee per day,
From 1 to 5 days
From 6 to 42 days
From 43 or more days
Each space is defined as 16 feet (or five metres) long.
Apply for a yellow line dispensation
To apply for a dispensation complete an application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only accept one vehicle per application.
This document is not currently accessible but will be replaced with an accessible version by 1 May 2021.
You can also request an application form by:
- emailing your name and postal address to email@example.com
- call us by telephone on: 020 7361 4385
- You must give us at least 48 hours' notice.
- We can only issue a dispensation notice when we have the vehicle registration number.
- We only accept one vehicle per application.
- Our parking suspension officers check where your single yellow line or restricted zone dispensation will be before they can approve your application.
- You need to pay your fee before we can issue the dispensation.
- If you finish the single yellow line dispensation early you are entitled to a refund - we will work out the refund for each whole day from the day you return the dispensation to us.
To apply for a dispensation to load and unload on a red route, contact the Metropolitan Police Traffic Wardens on 020 7321 8548.