- Residents parking permits
- Eligibility criteria
- Proof of residence
- Proof of ownership
- EU and non-EU licence holders
- Parking permit prices and refunds
- Apply for a residents parking permit
- Renew a residents parking permit
Information on who is eligible for a resident's parking permit.
Who is eligible for a Resident's Parking Permit?
You are eligible for a residents parking permit if:
- your main, permanent home is in the Royal Borough
- your main home for Council Tax purposes must be in the Royal Borough and you should intend to live in the borough for at least 26 consecutive weeks, during which time there should be nowhere else you live or sleep more regularly.
- you are the main user and keeper of the vehicle and you are able to drive it legally in the UK.
- you will need a driving licence that is valid in the UK when applying for a permit
All permits have the registration number of the vehicle printed on them so they are not transferable.
A number of properties in the borough are classed as 'Permit free' this means they do not qualify for residents' parking permits. Please check with us if you are in any doubt if the property you are living in or are thinking of moving into is permit free.