Filming and photography in the Borough

Covid-19 update

Please visit our Covid-19 leisure and culture hub page for the latest information on filming and photography in the borough.

Filming and photography in Kensington and Chelsea

Our aim is to ensure that all filming and photography activities are carried out safely and with minimum disruption to our residents and businesses. We aim to achieve this by:

  • providing a friendly and effective service, using our local knowledge and expertise in dealing with all manner of filming enquiries and facilitating large and small shoots
  • co-ordinating Council services and providing a trouble-shooting service
  • protecting the interests of our residents and ensuring that those filming on-street adhere to best practice and to all Council requirements
Apply to film


To film or photograph in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, you will need need to apply for a Notice of No Objection unless your shoot is all of the following:

  • cast and crew is under 5 people
  • all equipment is handheld, and
  • the shoot is on a public street

We require a minimum of 10 working days to process your application, but can sometimes process late applications at the Film Officer’s discretion.

Apply for a filming and photography application

You must provide Public Liability Insurance covering a minimum indemnity of £5million.


Fees and charges


You will need to make an application to film or photograph in any of our parks regardless of cast and crew size. This includes all wedding/engagement shoots.

Our parks fees are listed under our ‘Filming Fees and Charges’

Please see Kyoto Garden Filming/Photography T&Cs for any activity within the Japanese Garden

Parking suspensions


To apply for a parking suspension, please download and complete the Parking Suspension Form 2018 below and return it to us at: [email protected], along with a map.

Please note:

  • we require 5 working days to suspend pay-by-phone bays, and 15 working days to suspend residential bays (in special circumstances, we can also disregard single yellow lines)
  • residential bays are suspended at a film officer’s discretion, with the expectation that pay-by-phone bays are suspended to give residents alternative parking nearby
  • we do not suspend bays for cast and crew cars
  • we only process suspensions for Winnebago’s if there will be minimal disruption to residents (Winnebago’s must never be extended onto highway or pavement)


You will need a Temporary Highway Consent (THC) licence if you are placing a structure, such as a dolly and track, or light on the highway.

Please complete the THC Indemnity Form and return to us at: [email protected], along with a map with dimensions, to apply for a THC licence.

If you are using any lifting equipment, such as a jib or a cherry picker, you will need to apply for a Mobile Lifting Operations (MLO) licence. Please see the Mobile Lifting Operations (MLO) page for more information.

In special circumstances, the council will facilitate traffic management. Please see the Temporary Traffic Orders (TTO) page for more information.



For filming locations visit the Filming and Events Location Library websitewhich hosts potential filming locations across the borough.



Please contact us directly regarding drone filming.

Contact us


To enquire about filming in the borough, please email us at: [email protected] or call: 020 7620 0391.

Last updated: 26 January 2023