Conservation Area Maps
All maps of conservation areas within the Royal Borough are listed below:
Avondale Conservation Area contains a group of Victorian terraces, laid out and built between 1870 and 1895, which are of special architectural and historic interest.
Avondale Park Gardens is a self contained post First World War development of artisan cottages set around the garden square, which were originally designed as 'Homes for Heroes'.
The Brompton Cemetery Conservation Area is widely recognised as a good 19th century resource for Victorian architecture.
The Brompton Conservation Area is bounded by the Brompton Road to the South, the Victoria and Albert Museum to the West, Montpelier Street to the East and Ennismore Garden Mews, Rutland Street and Chevnal Place to the North.
The Chelsea Conservation area retains its residential character with an interesting array of predominantly single family houses illustrating the styles of development from 1830 to the present day.
Chelsea Park Carlyle Conservation Area is known as a special area of architectural and historical interest.
Cheyne Conservation Area has one of the longest histories of buildings of any area in the Royal Borough.
The Colville Conservation Area, subsequently known as the Portobello Estate, was mainly developed between 1860 and 1875.
Cornwall Conservation Area includes the Grade II* listed Church of St Stephen, a church dating from circa 1860, that contributes to the special character of the area.
The Courtfield Conservation Area is an attractive residential enclave surrounded by major roads. As well as hotels and other commercial elements the area retains a restrained air by virtue of its formal terraces, mature gardens and generous road widths.
The De Vere Conservation Area was designated in 1969.
Earl's Court Square was granted Conservation Area status in 1975.
The Earls Court Village Conservation Area was designated in 1973.
The Edwards Square, Scarsdale Conservation Area, covers part of the centre of the Royal Borough and includes a great variety of residential property, mostly built as family dwellings.
The Hans Town Conservation Area was designated in 1971 and encompasses a variety of ages and styles of architecture.
The area was formed in 1981 by combining two smaller Conservation Areas which were divided by the string of 20th Century developments that stretches from Abbotsbury Road in the North to St Mary Abbots in the South.
Inspired by the cemetery of Pere-Lachaise in Paris and founded in 1833 by the Barrister George Frederick Carden. Kensal Green Cemetery comprises 72 acres of well kept grounds.
The Kensington Conservation Area is the largest of the Borough's many Conservation Areas and covers a wide range of locations from busy shopping streets to quiet residential cul-de-sac. It contains all styles and ages of buildings from its early Georgian speculative developments through to the present day.
Kensington Court shows the extraordinary change in taste that took place in London in the 1870s and 1880s.
Kensington Palace Conservation Area covers a considerable area. Its development began with two tiny medieval settlements astride the old Roman roads from London to the West, now known as Nottinghill Gate and Kensington High Street.
The Kensington Square Conservation Area has a special place in the history of the Borough. It is one of London's oldest squares, and the area was one of the first in the Borough to be designated as a Conservation Area.
Located in the Northern part of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the area was developed in the 19th Century and mainly consists of Victorian and Edwardian architecture.
The Lexham Conservation Area lies almost entirely within the section of the Edwards Estate development between 1870 and 1884.
Nevern Square Conservation Area was first designated in May 1985.
The Norland Conservation Area was designated on 29th January 1969. It included the original Norland Estate as built up to 1852 and the completed north side of St. James’s Gardens which dates from 1864-79.
The Oxford Gardens Conservation Area was developed mainly during the last third of the nineteenth century and the first fifteen years of the twentieth. Buildings display a variety of Victorian and Edwardian styles.
The Pembridge Conservation Area, one of the earliest to be designated in the Royal Borough, contains a rich variety of building types.
Philbeach Conservation Area is an area of special architectural and historic interest.
Queensgate Conservation Area is an area of special architectural and historic interest.
The Royal Hospital Conservation Area is dominated by the magnificent building of the Royal Hospital and its extensive grounds, but it is well supported by the surrounding residential streets of the attractive and well preserved late Georgian and Victorian Terraces.
The Sloane Square Conservation Area was designated relatively recently in 1985.
The Sloane Stanely Conservation Area remains a compact area of homogeneous late Victorian character.
The Thames Conservation Area was designated in 1981.
Bilings Conservation Area is an area of special architectural and historic interest.
The Boltons Conservation Area contains buildings of historical and archaeological interest.
The College of St Mark & St John Conservation Area is a small conservation area of historical interest.
The Thurloe Estate & Smith's Charity Conservation Area is not only one of the Borough's largest Conservation Areas, but also the first to be designated.