Markets and street trading
Our local markets are diverse and offer a variety of goods. We license traders in:
- Golborne Road market - visit the Golborne Road website
- Portobello Road market - visit the Portobello Road website
- selected isolated sites across the borough
Golborne Road market
- antiques - goods over fifty years old
- new goods including clothing, accessories and goods not being sold by any other trader
- second hand goods
Portobello Road market
- antiques - goods over fifty years old (Fridays only)
- CE-marked children's toys
- designer-maker products - goods designed and/or made by the trader
- homeware such as bedding, kitchen ware, household goods, crockery and glassware
- very unusual goods not being sold by other traders
How to apply
Before you apply, make sure you visit our markets to fact find and research the area.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to send us:
- a full description of the goods you want to sell
- images of your goods (as an attachment) - we do not need an image for every item
- your web address if you have one
- full contact information
How we process applications
We will respond within 5 working days by email.
If other traders are already selling similar goods we may decline your application.
If your goods are approved, we'll invite you to the office to register. You will need to bring:
- the confirmation email we sent you - a printed copy or on your phone
- proof of your address such as a recent utility bill or bank statement - we don't accept mobile phone bills or goods invoices
- proof of your National Insurance number such as your NI card, a pay slip or P45
- your passport, National ID card or driving licence photocard
- NMTF card or public liability insurance certificate with a minimum cover of £5 million
You can buy public liability insurance from an insurance broker or from:
All street traders must comply with our market standard conditions.
Read our markets and street trading FAQs.
Other local markets
The Council is not responsible for all markets in the borough. These include: