Children in employment and entertainment

Body of Persons Approval (BOPA)

Body of Persons Approval

Certain performances do not require an entertainment performance licence. These include (but not restricted to):

  • events organised by a dance or music school
  • events organised by the local council
  • events where children do not receive payment
  • events where children do not miss school for rehearsals or performances

In these cases, oragnisations can apply for a Body of Persons Approval (BOPA).

It is important to check with us first to see if your organisation or performance qualifies for a BOPA.


Last updated: 23 February 2023