Under the Equality Act 2010, the Council must set one or more equality objectives that will:
- help meet its obligations to eliminate discrimination
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations between people of different protected characteristics
Protected characteristics under the Equality Act are based on:
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion and belief
- sexual orientation
Our objectives, published in December 2016 for review in 2018, are as follows:
- Work with our partners to ensure that we have a workforce that is trained, skilled and ready for work.
- Increase the proportion of disabled residents in employment. Ensure that disabled staff and residents are considered in future workforce planning.
- Increase the opportunity for all council employees to fulfil their potential. Ensure equality of representation at all levels of the organisation.
- Work to eradicate any discrimination within our recruitment processes. Start recruiting for attitude and training to skill.
You are free to use the data that appears on this page subject to the terms of the Open Government Licence. Please cite the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea as the information provider.