Housing management

Paying your rent

Your rent helps us to maintain and make improvements to your home, provide housing services and give you help where necessary. Your rent and service charges must be paid regularly and always in advance. There are a number of ways you can pay:

Direct Debit

Direct Debit is the easiest way to make payments to us, including rent, service charges and parking payments.

You can download and print a form or contact us to request one.   

Housing Management Direct debit form [PDF] (file size 67.92 KB)

Just complete and sign the form and return it to us to enable us to set up a direct debit payment.

Standing Order

Call your bank / building society directly to arrange for the standing order to be set up. You will need our bank account details:

Head Office Collection Account
Housing Rents and Service Charges
Natwest PLC
Sort code: 57-20-40
Account number: 00000000

Please contact us to find out your swipe card / payment reference number before setting up a Standing Order.

By Phone

If you have a debit or credit card, you are able to pay over the phone by ringing 0800 137 111 or 020 3617 7080 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Alternatively, you are able to use the automated payment line (which also operates out of hours) on 0203 974 4670 and selecting option 6.


To make an online rent payment visit the Housing Management online payments webpage.

By Post

Please make your cheques payable to, ‘Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’ and include your address and payment reference details on the back.

Please send a cheque or postal order to:

Director of Finance
PO Box 5523
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
The Town Hall, Hornton Street, London W8 7NX.

At any post office

You can pay with cash or by cheque. Please make cheques payable to The Post Office Ltd. You will need your swipe card. Please allow three days for the payment to reach us

At the Town Hall

You can make payments by cash, cheque or debit card at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, London W8 7NX.

Housing Benefit

If you are claiming Housing Benefit it will usually be paid directly to us. Remember though, your Housing Benefit does not cover the full amount of your rent. Please make sure that you make arrangements to pay us the outstanding amount.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, your rent element of your claim will be paid directly to you so you will need to use one of the methods above to pay your rent.  Direct Debit is our preferred option and you can arrange for your rent to be taken shortly after your monthly Universal Credit payment.

Struggling to pay your rent?
If you do get into difficulties meeting your rent payments, please contact your rent income officer as soon as possible on 0800 137 111. They will give you free advice and support or refer you to an independent advice agency. We are here to help.