Renew a resident's parking permit
We will write to you 6 weeks ahead of your permit expiring to inform you that your permit is due for renewal, reminder letters will be sent to the address that your permit has been issued to.
Please note, this is a courtesy reminder. It is your responsibility to ensure your permit is renewed on or before the date stated on your existing permit.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is operating virtual Permits. Once you have renewed your permit, your permit start and expiry date will be emailed to you. Please ensure you take note of this information and renew your permit in time.
We have two types of renewals
- Renewal with online pin, this requires no documentation, you will use the pin which was sent to you in your renewal letter to confirm details have not changed
- Renewal, this requires all associated documentation to be submitted with an application either by hard copy or using our online form
Pin renewals online
If you are eligible to renew your permit online with a pin, we will tell you in your renewal letter and we will include a PIN (personal identification number).
To obtain a duplicate PIN, click on the Renew your parking permit link below. Enter your parking permit reference then choose the option 'send email PIN reminder'.
- You are not eligible to renew online using your PIN, if any details have changed on your permit
- If you haven't told us your email address, you will not be able to renew online.
- Before you renew your permit online please ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled in your browser to avoid issues.
If you have received a pin then please use this form to renew:
By proceeding with this application, you agree to the Council checking the Council Tax records for the address you provide in the application. Any anomalies or discrepancies in the Council Tax information for this address will be followed up as a result of this check.
- Applications can take up to ten working days to process
- You must complete the Parking Permit application form, attaching the required documentation
- If your permit has expired please select the new permit option in the form
- We will send you an email confirmation following receipt of your application, this will contain your unique FS reference number
- We will then process your application
- Once the permit is approved and live, we will send you an email requesting payment
- If the application is rejected, we will let you know why
- You must make payment within 72 hours of the permit being approved
- If we identify a permit with an outstanding balance after this time, RBKC reserves the right to cancel your permit
- We will email you to let you know if we have cancelled your permit, this email will contain advice and steps to follow, if you still require the permit
- You are liable for any Penalty Charge Notices issued if your permit is cancelled
If we cannot process your application because of a missing document, we will:
- Contact you by phone
- Explain what documents are missing and needed
- Place the application on hold
- If we are unable to speak with you or receive a response within five working days, the application will be rejected
- Once rejected, you will receive an email explaining the reasons your application was rejected.
If you are asked to send in missing documents, please email us at [email protected] (the mailbox is not a mailbox for enquiries and is solely for missing documents, all other correspondence will not be acknowledged or processed.)
You must use your unique FS reference number in the subject line of your email to ensure we can find your email and complete the application process. Failure to do so may result in a delay with your application and therefore receiving your permit.
All on-hold applications have five working days to respond or amend the application before cutoff/rejection. However, If you require an extension, you should contact us within five days. If we do not hear back from you after five working days and the permit is needed, you will need to resubmit a new application.
If you are a new renewal without a pin then please use this online form:
Please note that it is your responsibility to contact Parking to notify us if you decide you no longer require your parking permit. You can contact us on 020 7361 4381 or email [email protected].