Tell us you are moving out of Kensington and Chelsea

Council Tax - If you are moving out of Kensington and Chelsea

You will need to tell us the following:

  • your current Kensington and Chelsea address, including postcode
  • your current Council Tax account reference number
  • your new address, including postcode
  • your moving out date (for home owners and tenants)
  • your tenancy agreement end date (for tenants and landlords)
  • contact details of your solicitor or landlord (if known)

Before you start:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with Council's Fair Processing Notice

The online form will generally take you between 3-5 minutes to complete. If you need to go back to a previous page, please use the "Previous" button within the form as the web browser’s “Back” button may not work. Please ensure the details you enter are correct as documented in your most recent Council Tax bill, if applicable. By selecting the "Submit" button at the end of the form you are confirming that the information you have provided is accurate and to the best of your knowledge.

What happens next:

We aim to issue you with your revised bill within 10 days of the start of your account or notification. We will charge you up to the date you move out. Your new council will charge you from the day you move into their authority – remember to tell them you have moved in so they can bill you at your new address.

Tell us you're moving out

Last updated: 1 June 2020