Pest control service

The Council's pest control service can help you manage any pest issues you may have.

About the pest control service 

Whether you want a short term treatment for your property or would prefer the reassurance of an annual contract for either your home or business, then the Council’s pest control service can help you.

The pest control service is able to offer residents, any business or property management company a range of services to help with an existing pest problem, or to provide preventative measures to ensure infestations are detected and dealt with before they pose a threat to clients, staff or your stock.

Our pest control officers are employees of the Council and they are highly-trained professionals, committed to providing our customers with an effective, safe and value-for-money service.

We provide pest control treatments for mice, rats, bedbugs, cockroaches, clothes moths, garden ants, pharaoh's ants, animal fleas, stored product insects, carpet beetles, wasps' nests and squirrels (if trapped inside). We can also carry out bird proofing. Please note, we do not provide services for problems caused by bees or foxes.

We offer a limited, free pest control service to council tenants  and leaseholders in properties managed by the RBKC Housing Management Team. To check eligibility, terms and how to book this service visit the Council Tenant and Leaseholders Pest Control Service web page.

You can book an appointment with us, either using our online booking system or by ringing Environmental Healthline on 020 7361 3002. There are 2 options to choose from:

  • Pest Control Premises Survey -  If you are unsure what pest you have or would like a quote for an annual contract, we recommend you book a premises survey.
  • Pest Control Treatment - If you don’t want an annual contract and know what pest you have a problem with, you may prefer to book a pest control treatment online or by telephoning 020 7361 3002.  

If you live in a property which belongs to the Council (formerly the TMO), please telephone 020 7361 3002 and an appointment will be made for you. 
If you are in receipt of Housing or Council Tax Benefit, please telephone 020 7361 3002 for further advice.

If you live in other rented accommodation, you need to contact your Landlord or Housing Association. The Council has no statutory obligation to provide pest control treatments to tenants of private landlords, Housing Associations and RSL's regardless of whether they receive Council Tax Benefit or Housing Benefits.

Last updated: 23 February 2024