We understand that managing your rent and other outgoings can sometimes be difficult. If you are worried and are struggling to pay your rent, we want to help, so please get in touch with our Rent Income and Financial Inclusion Team as soon as possible. Please do not ignore the problem – the sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can help you solve it.
Our team of Income Officers and Welfare Advisors can provide advice on an individual basis, taking account of your specific circumstances, needs and challenges.
We are approachable, non-judgemental and our aim is to support you, so please call us on 0800 137 111 or email [email protected].
What we can help you with
- Housing Benefit / Universal Credit claims
- Check to make sure you’re receiving everything you’re entitled to
- Help you budget to afford your rent
- Affordable and sustainable payment plans where necessary
- Application for a discretionary payment towards your arrears
- Access to external grants and charities
- Signpost you to other organisations that can help
We also work closely with our Housing and Employment Team to get you the assistance you need, including:
- Access to jobs
- Training for yourself or household members
How it works – our commitment to you
Our team will assess your needs and, if required, assign an advisor to help you. Some cases will take a matter of days to resolve while others can take longer.
If we are unable to help with your query, we will refer you to an organisation that can.