Apply for a resident's parking permit
- Residents' parking permits
- Eligibility criteria
- Proof of residence
- Proof of ownership
- EU and non-EU licence holders
- Parking permit prices and refunds
- Apply for a resident's parking permit
- Renew a resident's parking permit
You can apply for a resident's permit by post. You need to send us:
- a completed application form
- original documents showing proof of where you live
- proof that you are the main user and keeper of the vehicle
- proof you have a driving licence that is valid in the UK
We do not accept photocopied, scanned or faxed documents.
Send your postal application to:
It can take up to 10 working days to process applications.
You will need to:
- fill in an application form
- provide original documents showing proof of where you live
- provide proof that you are the main user and keeper of the vehicle
- provide proof that you have a driving licence that is valid in the UK
You can visit the Customer Service Centre, where you can obtain your permit on the day.
Our busiest times are between 12 noon and 2pm. Our quietest time is between 9.30am to 11.30am.
Permits are priced according to CO2 emissions (for vehicles registered after 1 March 2001) or by engine size (for vehicles registered before March 2001).
To find out your CO2 rating or engine size visit Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
For more information about the scheme and full terms and conditions read our guide: