Parking with your permit
- Residents' parking permits
- Eligibility criteria
- Proof of residence
- Proof of ownership
- EU and non-EU licence holders
- Parking permit prices and refunds
- Apply for a resident's parking permit
- Renew a resident's parking permit
Where you can park
If you have a resident's parking permit, you can park in any residents' bay in the borough and at any time, unless the bay is suspended.
You must display your permit clearly so our enforcement officers can see it. If they can't see your permit, you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Residents’ parking bays are not normally divided into separate bays. If they are, you must park so that all the wheels of your vehicle are inside the bay markings.
Residents’ parking bays operate at different times in different parts of the borough. If you want to park in one of them during controlled hours, you will need a permit.
Details are outlined in our map:
Outside the controlled hours, any driver can park in residents’ bays. This includes:
- bank holidays
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
Pay and display bays
If you have a resident's parking permit you can also park free of charge in pay and display bays on Monday to Saturday:
- between 8.30am and 9.30am
- and between 5.30pm and 6.30pm
This means that you can leave your car from 5.30pm until 9.30am the following morning free of charge. If you want to park between 9.30am and 5.30pm, you will have to pay.
In some areas, pay and display controls end at 1.30pm on Saturday. Between 9.30am and 1.30pm permit holders must pay to park in these bays.
Pay and display bay exemptions
There are some exceptions. You can't park without paying the pay and display charge in:
- Holland Park Avenue: between 8am and 10am and between 4pm and 6.30pm Monday to Friday
- Notting Hill Gate: between 8am and 10am and between 4pm and 6.30pm Monday to Friday, and on Saturdays between 8am and 10am
Residents' permits allow you to park in some of the boundary roads connecting the borough and the City of Westminster. Please check the signs carefully before you leave your car.