Residents parking permits
- Residents parking permits
- Eligibility criteria
- Proof of residence
- Proof of ownership
- EU and non-EU licence holders
- Parking permit prices and refunds
- Apply for a residents parking permit
- Renew a residents parking permit
Information about residents' parking permits including the two types of motorcycle bay in the borough.
Resident’s Parking Permits
Kensington and Chelsea has a high density of residents and most of them do not have off-street parking, so the demand for on-street parking space is very high. When allocating car parking spaces the needs of residents are our primary consideration and this means that we cannot offer permits to businesses or visitors.
The only parking permits issued in Kensington and Chelsea are resident's permits, doctors' permits, doctors' parking bay permits and disabled Purple Badges.
Having a permit does not guarantee a parking space and you cannot reserve a space.
There are two types of motorcycle bay in Kensington and Chelsea; one is reserved for residents of the borough and the other is free to any motorcyclist.
We want to encourage resident motorcyclists to park in motorcycle bays rather than between cars in residents’ bays where they are vulnerable to being damaged and do not always make best use of kerbside space. We have located residents’ motorcycle permit bays so that all residents are only a few minutes’ walk from one. Most of the bays are fitted with locking anchors for securing motorcycles.
There are three types of motorcycle permit:
- Motorcycle bay permit that allows parking in residents’ motorcycle bays only. These bays are identified with the words ‘M/C Permits Only’ painted on the road. This permit is free of charge
- Combined motorcycle permit that allows parking in all residents’ parking bays and residents’ motorcycle bays. This permit costs £112 per year or £93 to holders of Advanced Rider Training Certificates.
- Combined electric motorcycle permit that allows parking in all residents’ parking bays and residents’ motorcycle bays. This permit costs £84 per year or £70 to holders of Advanced Rider Training Certificates.
For more details and full terms and conditions download our Residents' Parking Guide below.