Local Plan Partial Review
- Issues and Options consultation (Pre-Regulation 18) Tuesday 15 December 2015 to Tuesday 9 February 2016
- Draft Policies consultation (Regulation 18) Friday 28 October to Sunday 11 December 2016
- Publication Policies consultation (Regulation 19) Thursday 2 February to Thursday 16 March 2017
- Submission and examination (Regulations 22-25) May to October 2017. On Friday 5 May 2017 the Council submitted the Local Plan Partial Review and supporting documents to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for independent examination by the Planning Inspectorate. To see all of the examination information and documents, please click the hyperlink.
- Adoption (Regulation 26) December 2017 - January 2018 TBC
This timetable is subject to change.
The Council’s general approach is to give minimal weight to the emerging Local Plan Partial Review policies as material considerations when determining planning applications. The Council will make determinations on planning applications in accordance with Section 38(6) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, paragraph 216 of the National Planning Policy Framework, paragraph 019 of the National Planning Practice Guidance on Local Plans and other relevant legislation, policy and guidance.
Existing Local Plan
The existing Local Plan sets out the vision, objectives and detailed spatial strategy for future development in the Royal Borough up to 2028 along with specific strategic policies and targets, development management policies and site allocations.
The Consolidated Local Plan (July 2015) combines alterations since the Core Strategy adoption (December 2010) incorporating the Pubs & Local Character Review (October 2013), the Miscellaneous Matters Review (December 2014), the Conservation & Design Review (December 2014) and the Basements Review (January 2015).
Consolidated Local Plan - Complete Document (Warning: Large file size)
Local Plan Introduction contains:
- How the Local Plan should be read
- Executive Summary
Local Plan Section 1 - Spatial Strategy contains:
- Chapter 1 Setting the Scene - Introduction
- Chapter 2 Issues and Patterns - Spatial Portrait
- Chapter 3 Building on Success - Vision, Strategic Objectives and Spatial Strategy
- Chapter 4 Delivering Success - Our Spatial Strategy
- Chapters 5 to 18 'Places' chapters
Local Plan Section 2 - Delivery Strategy contains:
Section 2A Allocations and Designations:
- Chapters 19 to 28 Strategic Sites Allocations and Proposals Map
Section 2B Policies and Actions
- Chapter 29 Policies and Actions
- Chapter 30 Keeping Local Life
- Chapter 31 Fostering Vitality
- Chapter 32 Better Travel Choices
- Chapter 33 An Engaging Public Realm
- Chapter 34 Renewing the Legacy
- Chapter 35 Diversity of Housing
- Chapter 36 Respecting Environmental Limits
Section 2C Infrastructure
- Chapter 37 Infrastructure
Secion 2D Monitoring, Risks and Contingencies
- Chapter 38 Monitoring
- Chapter 39 Contingencies and Risks
Local Plan Section 3 Supporting Information contains:
- Chapter 40 Housing Trajectory and Supporting Information
- Chapter 41 Policy Replacement Schedule
- Chapter 42 Town Centre maps
- Chapter 43 Relationship to Community Strategy
- Chapter 45 Glossary
To order a hard copy of the Consolidated Local Plan complete document for the price of £45, please email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and postal address.
Other parts of the Development Plan
The Proposals Map is as adopted in 2010 and does not reflect the more recent adoption of the Lots Road Conservation Area.
Page updated: May 2016