- Progress on Grenfell Recovery Strategy
- Dedicated Service for the bereaved and survivors
- Community Leadership Programme
- Grenfell Projects Fund
- Grenfell Recovery Fund
- A review of The Curve Community Centre
- Employment and skills
- Malton Road Early Help Team
- Enhanced emotional support in Schools
- Community-based support
- Public Health
The Grenfell Recovery Strategy was agreed in January 2019 and sets out the Council’s plans to support a community-led recovery for the bereaved, survivors and the local community.
It commits £50m over five years to deliver a number of services and initiatives to ensure that residents have the support, skills, and new opportunities they need to help their recovery.
The strategy has the following key elements which the Council is now delivering:
- a dedicated service for bereaved and survivors
- ongoing support for those affected from the local community
- the Community Leadership Programme, Grenfell Projects Fund and a review of the current and future use of The Curve Community Centre
- a range of Council-wide initiatives designed to support recovery
It has been shaped by national and international evidence on disaster recovery and the wide range of engagement activity which has taken place since the tragedy.
The strategy sits alongside the recovery efforts of a wide range of partners, including the NHS, the Government, schools and local employers, local voluntary and community organisations and, most importantly, residents themselves.
The NHS has committed £50m and developed its own strategy to support recovery. Read more about it on the NHS website.
Alongside the Recovery Strategy, the Council’s Public Health team is leading work to monitor the health of bereaved and survivors, first responders and the local community.
In addition to targeted support for the bereaved, survivors and those affected in the local community, the Council is delivering a range initiatives to support the broader recovery through e very day services and to change the way we work with our communities. This includes a new Economy Strategy, Live Work and Learn, consultation on a draft Housing Strategy and a new People Strategy.
The commitments made in the Grenfell Recovery Strategy are now well underway and are being delivered. Good progress is being made by working closely together with residents and partners.
Read the Grenfell Recovery Strategy and summary.