Use this form to:
- Report a Private Sector Housing problem.
- Get advice about your privately rented property.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues please use this form to make an enquiry to the Private Sector Housing and HMO Licensing team and include a full description of what the issue is and how we can assist.
- Disrepair or issues in your privately rented property in borough.
- Disrepair or issues in your socially rented Housing Association ( Registered Provider) property in borough.
- Disrepair caused by a neighbouring property which is not being resolved.
- Report an unlicensed House in Multiple occupation(HMO).
- Ask for advice or information about your privately rented property or HMO which is not on the website.
- Report other private sector housing issues or get general information and advice not on the website.
Please ensure you have reported any issue to you landlord or housing association (Registered Provider) before you make an enquiry. If you have not, this may delay our ability to help you with your enquiry.
Before you start, you will need:
- Your 6-digit case reference number and the contact information you used to first report the problem if you have already reported this issue to us.
- The type of issue you are reporting.
- The address of the issue you are reporting.
- Your contact details including an email and/or contact telephone.
- A full description of the problem/issue/advice request you are reporting.
- Any evidence that you have reported this issue to your landlord and/or managing agent and given them time to remedy the problem, including photos, videos or reports.
- to provide your landlord and/or managing agent contact details including email and telephone number (as applicable).
Things you can report
- Disrepair to Private Rented Property
- Disrepair to rented Housing Association property
- Damp and Mould
- Fire Safety issues
- Gas safety
- Electrical Safety
- Severe pest issues not being resolved by landlord
- Drainage Issues
- Report an unlicensed HMO
- Request HMO Advice/Information
- HMO Licensing information/Advice
- Landlords/Proffessionals to submit documentation relating to rented properties
- Landlords/Professionals to request advice/information
- Self neglect and Hoarding issues or referrals – Can also be made through Social Services
- Empty Properties
What will happen to my report?
After you have submitted your form, we will email you immediately to confirm we have received it and that we are dealing with it.
You will be contacted by one of our Housing and Health Officers within 48 hours (Monday to Friday) on the contact details provided, to discuss your case. The officer will then decide on the next steps of the investigation.
For urgent or emergency cases an officer will contact you and a visit undertaken within 48 hours (Monday to Friday).
For all non urgent cases an officer will contact you within 48 hours (Monday to Friday) of your enquiry. You may be asked to provide further information or evidence, such as pictures or videos before the officer can decide on the next steps.
If a visit to your property is required this will be arranged with you as soon as practical, we aim to visit within 14 working days of receipt of your report. In most cases your landlord will need to be notified of any inspection of the property.
If you only require advice or information your enquiry will be passed to an officer who will provide you with the information required.
Three (3) attempts to contact you will be made, and where possible messages will be left. If we have been unable to contact you or you have not returned our correspondence your case will be closed. If this has happened, but your issue is ongoing please make another enquiry.
We do not deal with most Freeholder or Leaseholder properties and are unable to assist with RBKC tenanted properties.
Other ways to make a Private Sector Housing Enquiry within the borough
- You can contact us by email and telephone.